.

The adventures of a Second Life avatar in the 3D virtual world of Second Life. I have reopened the blog again after a 7 month hiatus and will continue as long as the interest is there! Welcome and thank you for visiting....

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Paddle To The Sea: Part 2 - Horseshoe Park to Freeport Township of Flotsam and Home Again...


Continued from here

 ...As I left the Second Norway and Sailor's Cove/Brook Hill area I continued paddling westward towards the Blake Sea. The day's journey was bearing down on me and was getting hot and sore from paddling....
Click on the pictures to enlarge.


I took my shirt off, defeated by the days humidity and as the sun was setting I was relieved to feel it cooling down but also recognized that sunset and night fall would soon be upon me. I needed to find a place to camp, sleep and wash for the night...


...there's a feeling I get, when I look to the West and my spirit is crying for leaving...


 As I kayaked westward I came across the beautiful Horseshoe Park, a wonderful, scenic, forest area.
I decided it was a good place to bunker down for the night and since it had waterfalls and a small, clean pond it was also ideal for a great, badly needed bath....

Horseshoe Park:
 http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Horseshoe%20Park/210/209/30


What a great deep, forest path...


...the haunting cries of the loons lured me through the night...



I found a cozy, little spot where I gathered some firewood and engulfed and entire package of weenies, roasted over the roaring fire. The sound of crickets and night owls made it impossible for me to keep awake after a day on the open waters and I fell into a deep, deep sleep...


I awoke early as the birds announced the dawn and since I had seen no one for hours I stripped down naked for a well deserved bath and swim...





...Clean and refreshed I got dressed and watched the day begin... it would have been nice if a certain someone had been here with me ;-)



...time to ramble on...









What another fantastic day of water, sunshine, wild life, scenic views and even a few gorgeous, shirtless men that sailed or canoed by me with friendly calls of "ahoy"...
At the end of the afternoon I made my way to the lip of the famous Blake Sea and the legendary, pirate town of Freeport Township of Flotsam...

 Freeport Township of Flotsam:
 http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blake%20Diego/120/196/22


















I sat down to a wonderful tea and a gut busting meal at one of the gorgeous taverns before heading back to the warmth and comfort of my home...


...Home sweet home. Back to Bron Yr Aur.... What a wonderful journey and what an experience. Last week when I returned from the Grand Canyon and the Amazon River I thought how I could ever be more sun kissed, mosquito bitten, unshaven and sweaty but after this few weeks of adventure I was exhausted.
Time to enjoy home life for awhile and relaxing with memories and tales of my adventures with my friends until once again I am called away by the call of the wild.


No comments: