Sunday, May 03, 2015

Second Life Inventory Hoarders...


OmG!
My Second Life inventory will never be shiny and pretty and conveniently sorted into pristine folders with Fuschia labels and daisy fonts. Until Saturday my inventory was bloated up to 60 thousand plus items of mostly pixel crap. Old flat clothing and items from 2007 to 2010 which were way past their expiration point. Clothing outfits so outdated they seemed from the 1960's.
I went through and carefully checked and deleted all my outfit folders from 2007 to 2012. Old shirts and pants that needed extra editing for collars and cuffs. You know...stuff from the pre-mesh revolution. I also deleted copies of shit that I had hundreds of...deck chairs, boats, eyes, cocks, nipples, huds, plants, trees and stuff. Lots of memories there and clothes that were once my favorites now outdated and flushed...
Now my crap is not organized but my inventory is now down to 29 thousand. Only my best stuff.
Always check before you delete to be sure you are only deleting copies or links of stuff and not original copies of stuff you want to keep. You will be surprised at some of the crap!
When I log on now my inventory is instantly loaded. Wow.





No comments: