Tuesday, April 07, 2015

The Mesh Project Update: Invisible?





Hold the press..I am having major issues with THE MESH PROJECT avatar. For the past few days I have been told by various people at various places that they could not see me besides my head. Not just a few people once and awhile but alot and everywhere. To me I seem fine but unless someone had told me I would never have known I was never rendering after 2 hours. No wonder I wasn't getting laid ;-)
I tried reattaching, relogging and still major troubles with the alpha layers it seems.
It became such an issue today however than despite relogging constantly and having my mesh alpha Hud reverting back to my last outfit, I was forced to return to my old avatar and forsake the mesh avatar. Other people showed for me with mesh avatars but for some reason I remained invisible.
I am going to do some more tinkering and investigating but maybe I spoke too soon about The Mesh Project avatars and they are still too buggy. Maybe it could also be on Linden Labs end of things as well as the past few days have been clear sailing to lag storms from 0 to 10 in 30 seconds.
It is NO fun to appear at a high class Second Life event or party and be invisible or have to re-alpha your sexy bits in front of a tomato throwing audience of gawkers and ooglers, just sayin' lol

UPDATE: Seems I have to change into the outfit, I want to wear, add the alpha hud layers and then relog. Then If everything seems to be looking right then it is visible to most people. Changing on the fly and then teleporting to a crowded club seems to be asking for trouble lol.


3 comments:

Eddi Haskell said...

This is a graphics card problem. And it is unavoidable it seems. At first, it was claimed that primarily happened with ATI cards. However, I have a high range card, an NVIDIA 760 GTX on an Intel-based machine and occasionally just see floating heads which I actually find amusing. Also, I am running the most up-to-date drivers and occasionally (one out of 30 mesh avatars perhaps) have this problem. If you are mesh, you have to assume that some people will not be able to see you, especially those on older and less capable devices. But hey, its all part of the fun, and when you push the bounds of technology, this is what is going to happen. I would live with it if you are happy with the results.

Jani Novo said...

This issue has been around since the advent of Mesh AV's (sadly). It's a bit of a downer to think that some of the people around you are unable to gaze upon your total hotness but I think it is a good price to pay.

One day it may get fixed - along with all of the other annoying things.

I will not go watch the pigs flying.

Ziggy Starsmith said...

Thanx for the input guys and Jani your hotness can be seen from space ;-) xxx