Sunday, March 01, 2015

Sneaky Alts Up To No Good




Alts?
I used to have a more open minded opinion concerning alts and Second Life. There are still many legitimate reasons why people have at least 1 alt but more than 1 or 2 to me gets a little creepy. People who have shops and make legitimate products need alts to test their products on. This is understandable.
I have recently come across some situations where people have several multiple alts which seem to be for sneaky purposes.
My new take on alts, especially more than 1 is that it is sneaky and creepy and used for bad purposes such as spying on someone or doing something shady or deceitful and just playing games. Especially when the alts have a separate life such as land and a home and a whole life going on. Some people use alts to cheat on their partners or to be partnered to multiple people. Really sick in my opinion.
For the purpose of just playing and enjoying Second Life I see no reason for an alt.
Griefing is another example of why people have multiple alts.
I think a lot of crap could be avoided if Second Life began to charge a fee to be on Second Life. No free accounts. This would weed out the quick on the run griefers. One avatar per account and to gain a second avatar then you would apply for the second account and pay a fee. Things are logged and kept track of and only serious people wanting to use Second Life for it's intended use would be allowed on the grid.
They could have free 1 month trial accounts which are limited to one continent for new people to try before committing to a paid full time account and being allowed on the main grids. This could also be a learning situation for noobs as well.
I recently have come across a situation where two ex-partners of mine are rumored to be the alts of one person. If this is true I was partnered to the same person 2 different times as 2 different avatars. I have a hard time believing these 2 avatars are the same person for various reasons but the thought and possibility is still there and actually pretty disturbing.
Don't get me started on male/female alt deceptions lol….

3 comments:

Eddi Haskell said...

Ziggy, I have to come clean and say that I was one of your ex husbands in the form of an alt. I might be two of them, I really can't remember. And man you are hot in bed! I could not resist.

Ziggy Starsmith said...

LOL my God the people IM'ing me with supposedly secret info is blowing my mind. Second Like is beginning to sound like a haven for very sick people.
Now I know I have not had you YET Eddie/Ryce. Maybe a threesome for blogging purposes and then I can make a new blog post comparing the sexual performance differences between you two, ;-)

Ziggy Starsmith said...

What sickens me is that 1 person can be 2 seperate DJ's a host and a hate blogger bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;-)
ooops did I say that out loud?