.

I have reopened the blog again after a 7 month hiatus and will continue as long as the interest is there! Welcome and thank you for visiting....

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Mesh Avatars So Far...

Have you heard the latest Second Life craze? Mesh avatars.
Many people have been wearing mesh avatars for a while now and some look terrific and others look like...well...you know!
I admit I have tried out a few mesh avatars and to be honest, as of now, they are not for me. I feel like a clone sort of and not individual as many of the avatars have a similar look to them.
One thing I don't like is the inability to wear clothing unless it is made for that style of avatar. All my favorite clothes, including the mesh ones, would be useless. I don't want to constantly wear shorts or a thong with no shirt. It is winter and too cold for that and have you seen some of the nipples on the mesh avatars? They could take your eyes out.
I think mesh avatars are still in the early stages and I predict that within another year they will be perfected.
I still prefer my "old" style shape and skin and hair. I do have mesh feet, ears and eyes and experimented with mesh hair but found the hair never rezzed after TPing most of the time.
I have seen some breath taking results but for me, I will wait until it seems perfected and clothing is wearable before plunging into an expensive mesh avatar.
I will keep track of the mesh avatar situation over the next 6 months to a year and see where it all goes. In 6 months I may end up fully meshed out who knows....

4 comments:

Helene Dragoone said...

I agree....I like me and my own body. And mesh body is not for me yet.

Carl said...

Thank you. I have made no major changes in my
avi and was considering that it may be time to. I think I will wait. (smile)

Samiirah Sorcière said...

Agreed! I have sooo many clothes that I couldn't wear with the mesh avatar - even if I found a decent female mesh avatar, which I haven't yet - and I agree they look really generic especially in crowds. "Oh, look, this one has body #B with dark skin tone, Face #D and Hair #E, whereas that one over there has..." like they all ordered their bodies from a Chinese menu with limited selections.

::: TOXIC CANDY ::: said...

good post ...mesh body are not for me neither