Monday, April 30, 2012

Kiss My Ban Lines...

Since moving to the mainland on Second Life I tried to be courteous of my neighbors. Instead of of the unsightly ban lines I installed a security orb which gave trespassers a 2 minute warning before gently pushing them off my land. I did this to be kind to boats, hikers and planes and as to be cool to neighbors who might happen to walk on part of my land but people being people there are some people you just can't reach as well as some major assholes!
I noticed all my surrounding neighbors had ban lines up, their choice, their right and no problem however I seem to have assholes all around me who have loved to look for a millimeter of encroaching tree branches from my property. Not tree branches but invisible parts of a stray tree branch, not using up their prims and invisible to the naked eye and usually not an issue.They would have had to look for it to even notice that a part of an invisible branch grazed their border! I have one neighbor with tree branches right over my land but the trees look nice and they are not using any of my prims so it's no big deal to me! I am not going to return their stuff just because I can! Their tree branches are hurting no one! It improves the look of the land, hurting noone!
I had a complaint from a linden that a neighbor complained a pride flag I had up on my dock. It was slightly encroaching over some Linden Protected land when it flapped in the wind. It got returned to me because someone did not like it. Somewhat homophobic sounding from a neighbor...I put it back up, made it bigger and moved it back from the property line so it could not be returned to me! This new encroachment feature is being used by assholes to be assholes. I do see it has it's value and place but this pettiness is just being an asshole for assholes sake!
Long story short. My ban lines are up, no trespassing and anyone near my land will be shot! So much for being nice to people on face value! My friends are always welcome at my place and are all on the allowed list for my land but please call first!
Did I mention I also had a stalker who loved to TP into my bedroom unannounced?   Not anymore...
KISS MY BAN LINES!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noooooo. Ban lines have ruined mainland! Well... ban lines and the incredible amount of fugliness...

ZIGGY STARSMITH said...

hehehe Bock, you could TP in my bedroom anytime!
Being in the rl business I am in I should know better than to try and be nice to people because the majority of the human race are sneaky, greedy, assholes until proven innocent!
It is been proven that when a human being thinks that no one is watching and they won't get caught they are capable of unsurmountable assholeness! I see it daily!

Ziggy Starsmith said...

Wow Butch it was great for me!