Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Viewer Viewer On the Wall...Who Is The Best Viewer Of Them All?

 Well my delirious, drunken kittens as you all know if you been reading this blog of trash for a while, I am a whore with my Second Life Viewers! I been on Emerald, Phoenix, Firestorm, Exodus and lately I been slutting around on the Second Life official Viewer 3 by the illustrious Linden Labs...
Since I got my new computer my crashing and lag has been whipped into submission like a leather man raw and spent and hanging limp and exhausted from a skyhook. My frame rates and performance has varied from viewer to viewer with the Exodus Viewer giving me the best quality graphics and performance but then I felt rebellious and tried the official viewer 3 and was made stiff as steel when I saw my frame rates go to 80 to even 90 from the 60 to 70 I was getting on the Exodus viewer and Firestorm. The color is sharper, brighter and rezzing almost instant even in a club packed with dancing, shirtless, hairy chested avatars swarming all around me!
Sure it doesn't have the bells and whistles and lacks many of the excellent features but all in all it reigns supreme and unfurls before me the best Second Life experience to date. Maybe because it is not bloated with the shiney toys is why it runs so flawless for me!
Kudus to Linden Labs and their Viewer 3...they got it right! The customizable button placement has me gaga and singing it's praises like never before....
Oh yeah..check out me new fuckin' haircut bitches!

3 comments:

Bock McMillan said...

You look fuckin´ amazing in all and any haircut so stop begging for compliments ;)

Like you I love the Linden Lab FUI in Viewer 3, so flexible and usable! The only reason I did not stay with that viewer was my addiction to vertically stacked IMs... best thing is with the new Firestorm Beta I get both FUI and vertically stacked IMs ;)

ZIGGY STARSMITH said...

I tried the new Firestorm and although I do miss the features, I still feel laggy on it and the color is not as crisp or bright, it slow rezzes or some things remain blurry and unfocussed. I am still seeing blue sparkly bling around some textures as well. The toys are not worth it for me and I still prefere SLV3 or Exodus.
And you can always shower me with more compliments Mr McMillan you Swedish hunk ;-)

Bock McMillan said...

Anytime you need a boost Ziggy, just let me know! ;)