Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ziggy Says Goodbye....The End Of My Blog!

Well my friends I think this is it, I am ending my blog here on Blogger.com!
I find myself slowly drifting away from Second Life and not having much to say anymore on the subject enough to make it worth continuing.
I firmly believe that Second Life is coming to its crescendo and I predict it will be changed drastically or gone completely within another year or two! The majority of the clubs have become ghost towns. Many old friends are gone offline or rarely on or moved off into other ventures and Second Life just does not seem fun anymore! This makes it hard for me to continue writing a "fun" blog!
I will continue to venture about on Second Life but not as frequently as well as my real life boyfriend Larz Kas and we also plan on cutting way down on our party and club attendance. It's just that the fun is gone and to be brutally honest: most of the clubs have been driving us nuts, sending millions of drop downs, TP offers and notices constantly and annoying the fuck out of us enough to make us want to stay away. Everybody begging and screaming for Lindens with outstretched hands. Hey peeps one notice per party is enough and if we want a TP we will ask for it.
I am really pissed at the fact that when Larz and myself go to the party's we used to tip regularly and help support the clubs and our friends but when Larz would host an event no one would show up or support him! Hell, many clubs lately nobody bothered to say hello to us as we arrived or goodbye or goodnight when we said good night! Again being my brutally honest self: THIS SUCKS"! No wonder you can no longer fill your clubs!
Now that I have gotten all this off my chest I can carry on and live my Second Life free and easy as I intended it to be.
I will continue posting on my old message board "Cyberia" at http://cyberians.yuku.com if you want to follow me but this blog is now for archives/reading purposes only!
Boy we did have some wild times didn't we and let's hope they can return someday!
Thank you to my friends and followers and encouragers and I will still be following and commenting on your other blogs!
Party on peeps....10 out of 10 Zig points babies and goodbye xoxoxoxox

7 comments:

Teleny Macarthur said...

Gonna miss your posts, Zigster.... always good for a chuckle, or made me think. Best of luck, bud!

Bock McMillan said...

Sorry to see you stop here, Ziggy!

As for whats happened in the clubs I totally agree with you! Constant notices, group IM´s and group TP´s are a bloody nuisance, especially since when you finally get to the club abso-fucking-lutely NO ONE cares about your arrival and no one ever speaks in local chat.

Local chat used to be fun to follow and add to (if you were fast enough) before, now a days it´s completely dead in most places, with the singular exception of Chade Daggers club Erotes.

LOL now I feel like an old-timer bitching about the good old days, but I am only four+ in SecondLife...

Eddi Haskell said...

Ziggy you are a great blogger and I will miss you. Everyone needs a change of pace. And real life can be a fun thing to get involved with.

Some advice about irritating group messages, group IMS/ teleports.

You can always simply LEAVE your club and DJ groups if you are tired of the constant spamming. You can always check to see what events are going on where. And in addition, if any friends teleport you to events or spam you, simply tell them that you are still friends - but remove them from your friends list.

Another idea is to make a club hours alt that joins few clubs -- but everyone knows that he is you. Call it a "privacy" alt. If you wish, make a replica of yourself.

We all hope to see you around Ziggy -- I am glad you are not leaving SL for good!

Carl said...

WOW Ziggy I do not know you but am sure that if I had you would have enriched my life both in RL and SL. Love you honesty not many like that anymore. For myself at this time I love SL and fell it is a great help to me in understanding my self both in SL and RL. Mush happiness to you. Take care and I plan to read all of your posts for I feel I will enrich my life both here and in RL. Take care.

Anonymous said...

This is why I, too, pretty much just stopped going to the clubs some time ago. It was all about the L$s.

I sort of understand. I used to work in a club, basically for nothing, as the few tips that I did get didn't even pay for that week's outfit, decorations (yes, I often paid for them out of my own pocket, as the owner was.. I want to say cheap, but that's a bit of an understatement), etc., etc., etc.

Even after I became sick of going, I would go to support friends who were DJing, hosting, etc. The rest of the club staff - hosts, dancers - couldn't be bothered saying a word to me until I tipped them, the only reason that I tipped them being that I tipped my friend(s) and didn't want them to feel left out. That, and I'm just an overall nice guy. ;)

Well, no more. I'll still go to support friends when I feel like it, but the money spigot has been turned off for those who can't even be bothered with a simple "Hi!"

ZIGGY STARSMITH said...

Wow peeps thanx for the kind words!
Makes me want to reconsider but hell, I might just continue with this thing in the future if I regain some fun back from SL...maybe in time!

DJ InsyX said...

Don't make me get out the belt and put you over my knee. You better be around and blog sometime more soon :P Love ya Ziggs