Saturday, July 31, 2010

How Not To Act A Fool During A Massive Lag Storm!

Lag, lag, lag, all you do is fucking lag!
Is it just me or has Second Life been really ultra fucked up lately? Unable to walk or move at times or teleporting being impossible and ending up under a club deep in the waters of Linden Neptune...
I'm using the latest beta test version of the Emerald viewer and for me it seems to rez ultra fast for me as well as less lag but SL is thwarting all it's efforts!
I was recently having sex with a hottie in one of those beach houses off the Paradise Gay Beach island and even though I know lag can be bad there, this day was impossible.
When changing sex positions we both hung twisted in the air above the white, polar bear fur skin rug like torture victims for at least 60 seconds before continuing our ravaging of each other and it began to ruin the moment and piss me off!
Afterwards I was prancing down the beach and was cheered up by the sight of my buddy, Cannon Atlass doing more impromptu performances in front of slack jawed onlookers!
One "bear" dude kept saying in open chat about what a queen he thought Cannon was but he was ignored by the peeps enjoying the show and he quickly took his miserable sour puss away...
So after the lag destroyed the ending of Cannon's show and he went "poof" offline, I began to try to again walk and was stunted in mid strut by the horrific lag again!
Standing still is the only option during a massive lag storm otherwise you risk getting stuck in an uncontrolled silly noob walk which takes away all control and sends you hurtling through crowds of people, through peoples houses and catapults you into another sim were you end up crashing and unable to log back on for the good part of 5 minutes...
After finally relogging I went shopping and was so frustrated by the lag that I logged off and went to bed were I dreamed of hot man sex and a Second Life world were lag was forever banished to the gigaspheres....

1 comment:

Teleny Macarthur said...

I use the newest Emerald, too, Zigs, and was having issues not only with lag, but with the dreaded alpha/alpha overlap for about two days, but suddenly, it all stopped. Well, the lag did. I had to uninstall/reinstall Emerald for the alpha issues to clear up. (It wasn't just the "alpha bleed".... ALL alpha textures were blinking on and off for me.) I hope whatever was going on is fixed now, and that you can get back to your endless, and always amusing, rounds of party, pulchritude and perversion! *grins*